Get in touch
The Research and Innovation Office provides specialist support for research, innovation and knowledge exchange activities. The office is comprised of two core teams; the Research Support Team and the Knowledge Exchange Team.
Research Support Team
Activities are focused on supporting research of the highest quality and integrity that has the potential for social and economic impact. The team is focused across three service areas
- Grant and Systems supports the development, management, costing and contracting of the research grant portfolio from high quality funding sources. Contact email@example.com
- Policy and Performance supports policy development, research strategy and assessment (including preparations for the next Research Excellence Framework), impact, governance and performance. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Doctoral School Team provides oversight of strategy and management of Doctoral provision across the University including support for the development of excellent researchers and facilitating a vibrant doctoral research community. Contact email@example.com
For general research enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Knowledge Exchange Team
The Knowledge Exchange Team are focused on facilitating access to our academic experts, and helping deliver collaborative opportunities. The scope of our services includes the first point of contact for business and where appropriate securing third party funding for our work with commercial partners. For all enquiries please contact us at email@example.com
The team is focused across three service areas
- Promoting business and university collaboration using funds such as Innovate UK and ESIF to deliver Innovation and Collaborative R&D opportunities with companies
- Strategic partnerships working with regional and national agencies, including the Sheffield City Region LEP, the Growth Hub and Government Departments
- Managing the University's Intellectual Property portfolio to develop licenses, spin outs and other commercialisation opportunities
Alternatively if you require contact details for a particular research institute/centre please view our list of research centres.