Use our libraries
You can continue to access our libraries after you finish your studies. This service is free of charge and applies to both the City and Collegiate Campuses.
You will need to initially register during helpdesk staffing hours. This varies between university term time and holidays – see full details.
Once you have become an associate member, you can use both libraries whenever you like, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Services and facilities
- borrow print resources (3 books) – use the Library Search on the Library Gateway to check availability and location.
- scanning, printing (from a USB stick) and photocopying – helpdesk staff can assist with these (chargeable) services.
- helpdesk – staff are on hand to help with enquiries and registration
- access a range of electronic databases and eJournals if you are able to visit our libraries. See the full list here.
- continue using RefWorks reference management software
How to become an associate member
To use these library services, you need to register to become an associate member. Registration is free for alumni, lasts for a year, and can be renewed as many times as you like.
To register, please bring the following to one of the helpdesk.
- proof of completion of your course – original certificate only or your Alumni ID number
- photo identification – such as driving licence or passport
- proof of your address – such as a driving license or recent utility bill
Find out more about becoming an associate member.
Online Library Resource Access
We are now able to offer access off campus to a number of online library resources including some eJournals. Please login or create Your Graduate Profile to access these resources.
Phone 0114 225 3333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org